essence of eve home about elsewhere lovelies contact

12.28.2011

Meet Ayra

I'd like you all to meet Ayra. My new Canon 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS telephoto zoom lens...


She is amazing! I can focus on even the tiniest things from an unbelievable distance with her, which saves me lots of moving around. Here are a few photos I took with Ayra yesterday...

Brightness/Contrast Adjustment

SOOC Shot
I have the shore in focus on this one, and you can just see tiny snowflakes falling down right in front of those ducks. I thought it was pretty cool how it turned out! You can zoom in (click on) the photo for a better view.

SOOC Shot

Curves Adjustment

Curves Adjustment

SOOC Shot

SOOC Shot
Christmas light bokeh!

SOOC Shot
We have lights outside that change colour (from red, to purple, to blue, to purple, and then to red again). I took this shot while they were changing from purple to blue. Love the colours!

SOOC Shot

SOOC Shot

SOOC Shot

SOOC Shot

And my two personal favourites (which I am entering into Lily's photo challenge)...

SOOC Shot

SOOC Shot

What did you get for Christmas? :)

6 comments:

  1. so beautiful! great shots :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! I love her name; she's so pretty :)

    I love the one with the ducks, and of course, the bokeh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. you should add her to your "what I use" page :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You named it!! Yay! I haven't named anything of mine, but I have a notion too. She does take lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous28.12.11

    wow! very cool :)

    ReplyDelete

a single ray of light can brighten even the darkest forest.