essence of eve home about elsewhere lovelies contact

3.09.2013

hello again

read. listen. remember. make.


This feels good. To be typing a blog post out again. It's been a while & I have missed it. But the truth is, I needed this impromptu break. I did not want to admit it to myself for the longest time, but I really did. As much as I love blogging, it had become way more of a duty than a pastime. I needed to step back & refocus a bit. And I have. I have taken more photos this past month than the last couple combined. I'd forgotten the joy of shooting! It feels so good to be shooting photos for the sake of moments & memories and not for that half-written blog post. I want my blog to revolve around my life, not my life to revolve around my blog. I'd forgotten all that. This month-long break helped me remember. And now it is so great to be back! :)

I have an abundance of photos + exciting things to share with you all in the next couple of weeks!  Ahhh, I can't wait!!!

hugs,
e

9 comments:

  1. I love love that quote by Ralph Waldo! Loving your words + pictures lately! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you but glad you got your joy of blogging back. Can't wait to see what you have in store:) a big welcome back hug to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It feels so good to be shooting photos for the sake of moments & memories and not for that half-written blog post. I want my blog to revolve around my life, not my life to revolve around my blog." << BASICALLY.

    so glad you're back, dearie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! so glad you're back Eve! :) this is lovely. i have been considering the same thing, actually... refocusing and refreshing. :) so lovely, Eve. this is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. we're super-duper happy your back! i love the part of the post saying, i need my blog to revolve around my life, not my blog revolve around my life. that was just like-- a mind-wrecking quote. i needed that quote. i need to remember that quote.

    xoxo (mainly kisses, but you can never have too many hugs) || [ meena ]

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post so much. It's nice to see you posting again x -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back darling! The blogosphere felt pretty empty without you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, really looking forward to all the 'exciting' things you have in store for us!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

a single ray of light can brighten even the darkest forest.