essence of eve home about elsewhere lovelies contact

9.22.2011

Lightning

My first ever lightning bolt shot!

SOOC Shot
Here's how it happened: A few weeks back we were all out taking a nighttime walk at a nearby lake. Unfortunately (well I guess it's fortunately! :D ), a thunderstorm was coming our way. As soon as I saw the lightning flashing over at the other side of the lake, out came my camera and tripod, and I manged to get a shot of one of the many lightning bolts! Then, all of a sudden, it started raining... hard. Fortunately, the car was close by and we all jumped right in, I was still soaked though... but at least I managed to keep my Canon dry. :D
Here's an edit.

...and another one!


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous22.9.11

    Wow! Those are impressive! Good job! :)
    capturedbythelense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow beautiful shots, lightning is so hard to catch. absolutely stunning.
    Blessings
    Rachel Hope
    http://hopespuntreasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing! Thanks so much for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I've never been able to get a lightning shot--I'm impressed!
    I have always enjoyed watching thunderstorms--when I was little my sister and I would sit on our covered deck with my daddy to watch storms. =D

    ReplyDelete

a single ray of light can brighten even the darkest forest.